The recently released National Association of Realtors (NAR) Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2013 yielded a variety of interesting facts about the home buying process.
Highlights of the Home Buying Process
- For 42 percent of home buyers, the first step in the home-buying process was looking online for properties and 14 percent of home buyers first looked online for information about the home buying process.
- The use of the Internet in the home search rose slightly to 92 percent.
- Real estate agents were viewed as a useful information source by 87 percent of buyers who used an agent while searching for a home.
- The typical home buyer searched for 12 weeks and viewed 10 homes.
- For more than half of buyers finding the right home was the most difficult step in the home buying process.
- Approximately nine in 10 recent buyers were at least somewhat satisfied with the home buying process.