Here's February 2016s Monthly Indicators report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors
February 2016 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
Strong buyer activity to start the year pushed closed home sales to highest level in a February since 2004. February median home prices were up from same time last year owing to buyer demand. The decreasing inventory trend continued in February. Keep in mind that February 2015 was the snowiest winter on record and February 2016 was mildest winter on record.
- February single-family home sales UP +10.3% over last year
- February Single-family median prices were UP +10.6% to $520,000
- February condo sales - UP +2.9% and median prices UP +6.4% ($447,000)
- Inventory in February UP +0.3% to 2,087 and Condominiums DOWN -4.0% to 1,194
- SF listings added to the market in February UP +75.3% over last year. (1,129 from 664 in 2015)
- Condo listings added to the market UP +49.6% over last year. (941 from 629 in 2015)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?