Here's April 2016s Monthly Indicators report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors
April 2016 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
The housing market is being predictable, and that's a good thing. At the beginning of the year, it was anticipated that the prevailing trends of the past year would continue into and through 2016, and that has largely been the case. The number of homes for sale has generally remained lower compared to a year ago, and prices have been steadily rising in desirable neighborhoods where homes show well.
- April single-family home sales Up 21.0% over last year
- April Single-family median prices were up 3.5% to $530,000
- April condo sales - Up 18.0% and median prices up 10.1% ($480,000)
- Inventory in April Down 3.2% to 2,891 and Condominiums Down 15.8% to 1,448
- SF listings added to the market in April down 13.8% over last year. (2,131 from 2,472 in 2015)
- Condo listings added to the market down -15.0% over last year. (1,473 from 1,732 in 2015)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?