Here's June 2017s Monthly Indicators report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors showing Boston real estate market trends.
June 2017 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
Amid the continued shortage in the supply of homes for sale in Greater Boston and appreciating home values, sales of single-family homes and condominiums remained steady in June according to data released by the Greater Boston Association of REALTORS (GBAR). The single-family detached home market experienced a slight softening in sales in June as 1,907 homes we sold compared to the 1,938 homes sold in June 2016. Despite this 1.6 percent decline, this was the second highest sales volume on record for the month of June in Greater Boston, following last years record-high total, and is well above the historical monthly average of 1,663 homes sold. The condo market also experienced a modest decline in sales of 5.0 percent, as the 1,342 condos sold last month fell short of the June 2016 total of 1,413 units sold. This is the sixth highest sales total on record for the month of June and remains above the historical monthly average of 1,284 units sold.
- June condo sales DOWN -5.0%
- Median prices UP 4.0% ($525,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -19.5% to 1,864
- Listings added to the market UP 3.9% over last year (1,506 from 1,449 in 2016)
- June single-family home sales DOWN -1.6%
- Median prices UP 5.1% ($615,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -29.7% to 3,090
- Listings added to the market DOWN -14.3% over last year (1,845 from 2,152 in 2016)