Here's June 2019s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors showing Boston real estate market trends.
June 2019 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
Sales of detached single-family homes and condominium softened on a year-over-year basis in June as diminished inventory of entry-level and mid-priced homes for sale and steadily appreciating home prices took some air out of the market last month, according to data issued today by the Greater Boston Association of REALTORS (GBAR).
The detached single-family home market experienced a softening in sales for the first time in five months during June as 1,596 homes were sold compared to 1,851 homes sold in June 2018, reflecting a 13.8 percent decline in sale volume. Despite this year-over-year drop in activity, June experienced a 20.6 percent increase on the 1,323 homes sold in May 2019. Similarly, the condo market also experienced a modest decline in sales of 8.9 percent, as the 1,204 condos sold last month fell short of the June 2018 total of 1,321 units sold. This is the fifth highest sales total on record for the month of June as well as a 3.1 percent improvement from the previous month.
- June condo sales DOWN -8.9%
- Median prices UP +6.8% ($618,450)
- Active Listings UP +14.4% to 2,594
- Listings added to the market UP +5.7% over last year (1,561 from 1,477 in 2018)
- June single-family home sales DOWN -8.9%
- Median prices UP +.4% ($652,555)
- Active Listings DOWN -1.7% to 3,275
- Listings added to the market DOWN -3.9% over last year (1,878 from 1,954 in 2018)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?