Here's July 2019s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors showing Boston real estate market trends.
July 2019 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
With 1,146 condos sold in July, it was the ninth most active July on record in Greater Boston, as the market experienced a 10.5 percent decrease in sales volume from the 1,280 sold in July 2018. The median sales price of condos also decrease 3.2 percent from $599,750 in July 2018 to $580,445 this year(GBAR).
Sales of single-family detached homes improved for the fifth time in the past six months, increasing modestly from 1,654 homes sold in July 2018 to 1,676 homes sold last month. This reflects is a 1.3 percent increase in sales volume and ranks fifth best all-time for homes sold for the month of July in Greater Boston and is a 3.7 percent increase on the 1,616 homes sold in June 2019. Buyer demand cooled in the condo market however, as units for sale have risen steadily over the past year. Condo sales slid 10.5 percent to 1,146 units sold this July from 1,280 in July 2018. Sales also declined 8 percent from June when 1,246 units sold, but last months sales total is the ninth best on record for July in Greater Boston.
- July condo sales DOWN +10.5%
- Median prices DOWN -3.2% ($580,445)
- Active Listings UP +17.8% to 2,366
- Listings added to the market UP +8.4% over last year (1,104 from 1,018 in 2018)
- July single-family home sales UP +1.3%
- Median prices UP +.9% ($655,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -3.5% to 2,964
- Listings added to the market DOWN -.6% over last year (1,356 from 1,364 in 2018)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?