Here's November 2019s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors showing Boston real estate market trends.
The 1,037 homes sold in November 2019 was the seventh most active November on record, and a 16.0 percent decrease in sales volume from the November 2018 sales total of 1,234 homes sold, which is a record high for the month. Additionally, the median sales price reached a new record high for the month at $599,900, which is a 2.3 percent increase from the November 2018 median sales price of $586,500.
With 821 condos sold, it was the sixth most active November on record in Greater Boston and a 6.8 percent decrease from the 881 units sold in November 2018. The median sales price for condos remained flat, changing 0.0 percent from $563,087 in November 2018 to $563,000 this month.
This month, 189 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston, which was a 1.5 percent decrease on the 192 units sold in November 2019. On a month to month basis, it is a 52.4 percent increase from the 129 multi-family homes sold in November 2019.
- November condo sales DOWN -6.8%
- Median prices Down 0% ($563,087)
- Active Listings Down -6.1% to 2,200
- Listings added to the market DOWN -21.3% over last year (659 from 837 in 2018)
- November single-family home sales DOWN -16%
- Median prices UP 2.3% ($599,900)
- Active Listings DOWN 15.1% to 2,382
- Listings added to the market DOWN -18.4% over last year (714 from 875 in 2018)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?