Here's June 2020s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors showing Boston real estate market trends.
The 1,150 homes sold in June 2020 was the eighteenth highest sales total for the month and was a 28.8 percent decrease from the 1,616 homes sold in June 2019. Additionally, the median sales price increased 4.5 percent to a new record price for June in Greater Boston of $679,075 up from the $650,000 price in June 2019.
With 706 condos sold in June, it was the eighteenth most active June on record in Greater Boston, as the market experienced an 39.3 percent decline in sales volume from the 1,253 sold in June 2019. The median sales price of condos decreased 4.4 percent from $619,900 in June 2019 to $592,500 this year
This month, 119 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston, which is a 40.2 percent decrease from the 199 multi-family homes sold in June 2019.
- June condo sales DOWN -39.3%
- Median prices DOWN -4.4% ($592,500)
- Active Listings DOWN -2.1% to 2511
- Listings added to the market UP 20.1% over last year (1868 from 1556 in 2019)
- November single-family home sales DOWN -28.8%
- Median prices UP 4.5% ($679,075)
- Active Listings DOWN -32.5% to 2,200
- Listings added to the market UP 2.4% over last year (1911 from 1866 in 2019)