Here’s October 2020’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
The 1,433 homes sold in October 2020 was the highest sales total on record for the month and was a 36.9 percent increase in sales volume from the October 2019 sales total of 1,047 homes sold. Additionally, the median sales price rose to a new record-high price for the month of October at $700,000, which is an 18% increase from the October 2019 median sales price of $593,000.
With 949 condos sold, it was a record-high for closed sales in the month of October in Greater Boston, and a 9.3 percent increase from the 868 units sold in October 2019. The median sales price for condos also reached a new record high for the month of October at $575,000, which was a 4.6 percent increase from the October 2019 median sales price of $549,700.
This month, 198 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston, which was a 6.4 percent increase on the 186 units sold in October 2019.
- October condo sales UP 9.3%
- Median prices UP 4.6% ($575,000)
- Active Listings UP 32.5% to 3,448
- Listings added to the market UP 24.4% over last year (1,681 from 1,351 in 2019)
- October single-family home sales UP 36.9%
- Median prices UP 18% ($700,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -30.7% to 2,061
- Listings added to the market UP 6.7% over last year (1,679 from 1,574 in 2019)