Here’s November 2020’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
The 1,220 homes sold this month, which is the second most active November on record, and a 15.6 percent increase in sales volume from the November 2019 sales total of 1,055 homes sold. Additionally, the median sales price reached a new record high for the month at $700,000, which is a 16.9 percent increase from the November 2019 median sales price of $590,000.
With 887 condos sold, it was also the second most active condo market for November on record in Greater Boston and a 5.1 percent increase from the 844 units sold in November 2019. The median sales price for condos increased to a new record high for the month at $579,000, which is a 2.5 percent change from the November 2019 median sales price of $565,000.
This month, 198 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston, which was a 3.1 percent increase on the 191 units sold in November 2019. On a month to month basis, it is a 52.4 percent increase from the 129 multifamily homes sold in November 2019.
- November condo sales UP 5.1%
- Median prices UP 2.5% ($579,000)
- Active Listings UP 42.4% to 2,877
- Listings added to the market UP 40.3% over last year (930 from 663 in 2019)
- November single-family home sales UP 15.6%
- Median prices UP 16.9% ($700,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -30.9% to 1,506
- Listings added to the market UP 34.9% over last year (959 from 711 in 2019)