Saturday, April 24th
- Climb For Climate – Beginning on Earth Day, April 22 through Sunday, April 25 from 10am to 4pm, we are inviting our community to climb Great Blue Hill and to stop by the Observatory to be counted as a participant in our "Climb for Climate Challenge." Our goal is to encourage as many people as possible to make the "Climb for Climate Challenge" as a way to celebrate "Mother Earth" on her special day.
- Wines of Armenia – Nestled in the Caucasus Mountains, Armenia is considered the cradle of wine, where wine production was born. The country is home to the oldest winery discovered, thought to be over 6,000 years old. This class will explore the climate, soils, grapes and traditions of this ancient wine region. Join Marina Giordano and special guest Simon Baiatian of Storica Wines as we explore sparkling, white and red wines of Armenia.
- Nocturnal Wild Walks – Join us for a special evening hike at Chestnut Hill Farm, led by Tim Puopolo, a Trustees ranger and naturalist, and recipient of the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation’s “Outstanding Park Interpreter” award. During our guided hike, Tim will teach us how different types of plants and animals cope with the universal changes the land undergoes as the seasons evolve. Keep your eyes open for animal tracks and other signs of wildlife on the farm and in the woods!
Sunday, April 25th
- Arnold Arboretum – Enjoy the lilacs over four weeks of bloom (typically late April through mid-to-late May). The Arboretum invites you to visit during these weeks of peak lilac bloom, but request that you practice social distancing from one another and respect our plants. If the landscape appears to be too crowded for safe visitation, please return another time.
- Public Art Walk – Boston is home to dozens of incredible murals. Luckily, findmasa.com has put together a comprehensive list of said murals. You can also find a list of public art around Boston via this WBUR article from 2016. Create your own art walk and make a day out of it this Spring.